Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ouka Leele

I read a small article and a kind of review of Ouka Leele's photographs.
Her exhibition that we visited last week, in my opinion, contains photographs that are beyound of just photographing things and people, it is something between paintings and photographs. She tries to stage scenes from old paintings, and at the same time to show people as they are.
I had very strange emotions after seeing her exhibition in Prague; so, I had a look on her works that we have not seen. And I find a lot of them very interesting, I like some details that are really eye-catching. On the other hand, I do not like her nude pictures. Also some of her works seemed to me kind of too staged; I had feeling that people should look more into the picture than 'pretending' to be there and creating an atmosphere.
Also Ouka Leele makes very creative combination of painting style details and a photograph; it looks out of reality, but still has a certain idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment